Thursday, October 25, 2007

Friday night wine tasting at the Wine Cellar - 10.26.07

Here is what Jeff and his crew are serving up this Friday night at the Wine Cellar.

1. BETHEL HEIGHTS CHARDONNAY 03 WILLAMETTE VALLEY $16.95 (REGULARY 24.95)
2. MOUNTAIN VIEW PINOT NOIR CARNEROS 06 $17.45
3. CAMPUS OAKS OLD VINE ZINFANDEL 05 LODI $13.95
4. VINUM CELLARS PETITE SIRAH 05 $14.95
5. BIGHORN CELLARS CABERNET GRAND RESERVE NAPA 2000 $24.95 (REGULARY 50.00)

I am really excited to try all of these wines, although I have had past vintages of the Campus Oaks Zin, and actually have one in the wine cellar at home. The Campus Oaks is always a great value Zin. They are well balanced with a lot of dark fruit and rich chocolate aromas and not too hot which I feel a lot of the Zins from Lodi sometimes are.

The two wines that are on sale look on paper to be fantastic. I really can’t wait to try the Bighorn Cab, as well as the Bethel Heights Chardonnay.

Hope to see you all there! FREE as always from 5-8pm.

Even though I am a devoted Wine Cellar shopper, I feel that I need to start let people know about the other wine tastings that are going on around Richmond. I am sure there are more than these but these are the ones I know about. If you are a wine shop or a devotee to another weekly tasting that I didn’t mention. Please email and I will post it up regularly.

River City Cellars - Free Weekly Tasting Friday, October 19th, 5-7pm: Tuscany!
Corks and Kegs – Every Friday from 5:30 – 7:30
Private Stock Cigar and Wine – Every Friday and Saturday


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, I apologize for giving you trouble at Powhatan today about your blog. I'm delighted to see all your new posts! Clearly it's me who's been the slacker on checking in.

We enjoyed all your wines at the Festival and are looking forward to drinking the bottles we brought home. Thanks.